Τετάρτη 9 Ιανουαρίου 2013

A few words about cardroid...


As this is my first post I will try to explain what I am trying to build here..

I always wanted a car-computer for my car. But I wanted it to be custom made not prebuilt.
So i was researhing and brainstorming about if for sometime now. I finally believe that I can make
a decent car-puter just the way I want it.



Specs of my machine:

OS: Android X86 4.2




This is the "heart" of the system. As you all imagine I will not use some cheap ARM computer such as Raspberry Pi or OLinuXino for this because ARM systems are too weak in compiting power for the task I want them.
Insteed I will  use a standard X86 pc which is powerful enough for the job.
Now why did I choose android and not windows or even better linux?

Obviously because Android has the best software base. Best Gps software, decent media players, internet, phone capabilities, touchscreen, easy navigation gui  you name it.

Gps:  BN-903S GPS Dongle


Cheap usb dongle. Working with Android.


 Cameras : The cheaper the better.


 I am thinking in using 3(!) cameras. 
One facing front as a traffic recorder (Like the black box on planes), another as a reverse camera and finally one more mounted at drivers side visor for skype :>

3g Modem: Huawei E220





I had this for ages now its time to make some use of it... Has 3g and sms sending capabilities.

Wifi dongle : Ralink 3070 usb dongle


No explanation needed..



And finally...

CanBus Communication: Arduino + Secuduino shield



This is probably the highlight of the system. Used for communicating with my car canbus systems collecting all sorts of information. 


Well I might add a DVB-T usb dongle to the system. As for now these are the specs.
I will try to explain each step of this project in later posts.
So tell me what you thing in comments...








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου